Since it’s the week of Thanksgiving, it’s time to think about gratitude. While I have many reasons to give thanks, I’m going to focus on the doggie-related ones here.
7 Reasons I’m Thankful
1. Tom tends to our crying pups in the morning, even if they’re whining to go out at 4:30 because a certain someone forgot to put them in their kennels.
3. We found Duke (or rather Mid-Iowa Boxer Rescue found him for us), and now this sweet boy has the loving home he deserves, and Gertie has a boxer brother (from another mother).
4. My dogs make me laugh every day (through wiggling, pretzeling, bat out of hell, boxer expressions, tongue lolling, over-dramatic grumbling, and other silly antics or goofy doggie surprises).
5. Our dogs do not have to go hungry or go untreated for any injury or illness.
6. I have supportive readers of this dog blog who comment on my posts, answer my questions, and help me with future posts.
7. I get to share life with two sweet, funny, and spunky boxers who comfort me with their loving cuddles and inspire me with their unbridled joy for life.
In other Thanksgiving news, Duke was sure, just positive, he was going to catch the Thanksgiving bird for his Grandma Terri, if only his stupid mom had let him out of the car! We spotted the gutsy gobbler on our way to doggie daycare last week. Duke stared at her with his ears perked and body trembling as she pecked at the grass, then looked up and ruffled her feathers. When the light turned green and we drove away, Dukie tried to climb out the back windshield. Read more about the wild turkey roaming our neighborhood in this Gazette article.
Why are you thankful?